Thursday, July 25, 2013

So much for my New Years resolution!

Yes, I have been way behind in choosing my next family. I finally picked through records I have access to about the Macken family with no luck in placing them in Ireland. Guess I will have to wait to find that out. I do have one or two new updates on them which I will type up when I have time but I want to get started with the next family. With that being said. One that has recently grabbed my attention is the family of David Read and his two wives, Margaret Hunter and Eliza Darling. I am typing up what I know as we speak so will get that posted ASAP.

Yesterday I had the chance to sit in on a webinar hosted at legacy that was very informative. It was Top 21st Century Genealogy Resources by Tom Kemp. If you have a chance it is definitely worth viewing. You can read more about it at the following link: http://blog.geneawebinars.com/2013/07/top-21st-century-genealogy-resources.html

Another group of webinars that I have become addicted to are the Barefoot Genealogists webinars done through Ancestry.com. Crista Cowan is incredibly knowledgeable and goes out of her way to help you out! If you can view one live it is definitely something you want to do. You can view the archives at livestream or at the you-tube channel. She just had one today about using city directories which is one of the things I will discuss in my post about David Read.

So, without further adieu I am off to tell you the story of David Read.

No comments:

Post a Comment